Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon - Perfect and Healthy Breakfast



An early-morning breakfast needs to be fresh and calming. This is the meal that will set your tone for the day. By keeping everything easy, you allow yourself to enjoy the first few hours of the day.

Oats with Apples 2

Yield: 2-4 Servings

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, dry
  • 2-3 cups water
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 medium apple, cubed
  • 1/3 cup almond milk, 2% milk or cream
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of cardamom 
  • 1-2 tsp honey
  • berries for serving (optional)
  • pistachio nuts for serving (optional)

Oats with Apples 1

Directions:

In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the salt. Stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming, add the oatmeal.

Reduce the heat to very low, add the apple cubes, cardamom and cinnamon, cover the pan and cook until the oatmeal is thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Finish cooking by adding milk or cream and honey. Stir well. Serve immediately with berries and crushed pistachio nuts. Drizzle more honey if you like.


Oatmeal Apple 1

6 comments:

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
January 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM  

Oatmeal was one of my favorite breakfasts.. I was having it every day and I think I had it enough for soem time :D

And oatmeal with apples is really great combination!

Marina said...
January 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM  

After all reach New Year's food oatmeal is so desirable! :)

Purabi Naha said...
January 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM  

Yummy oatmeal. Loved the addition of spices in this!
http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.in/

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
January 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM  

Healthy, nourishing and delicious! A great breakfast idea.

Cheers,

Rosa

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
January 5, 2013 at 4:13 AM  

I'm not an oatmeal fan...when I first came to the US, my host family gave me oatmeal and I just couldn't eat! Even now I have trouble eating it... It took a long time to give a try on oatmeal cookies too (which I love very much now). You made it look so delicious here... ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...