Salmon & Cauliflower Soup with Egg



"In the hands of an able cook fish can become an inexhaustible source of perpetual delight," wrote Brillat-Savarin.

This one of our family favorite soup recipes.

Serves 4-5

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. skinless boneless salmon filet, cut into 1" cubes
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 large carrot, shredded
  • 1 medium onion, finally chopped
  • 1/2 medium head of cauliflower 
  • 6 cups vegetable broth or water
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 bay leaf
  • salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
  • parsley for serving
  • 3-4 hard boiled eggs for serving, slice or cut into wedges

Directions: 

Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion, cook until vegetables are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add cauliflower, bay leaf and broth and bring to a boil over high heat.

Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes.

Add salmon to soup and simmer until just cooked through, about 5-10 minutes. Add lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper.

Divide soup between bowls and garnish with parsley and hard boiled egg.


Salmon Soup with Egg 2

8 comments:

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
February 2, 2013 at 2:43 AM  

Sounds like delicious filling and warming soup. How interesting, I haven't tried making soup with salmon.

chow and chatter said...
February 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM  

this looks wonderful so filling a meal in a bowl

Unknown said...
February 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM  

I have never had a soup this before, but I love all the flavors. I guess I am going to have to make this recipe, thanks for sharing!

Sincerely,
Happy Valley Chow

Nancy said...
February 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM  

Hi Yelena! I'm still recovering from a cold and could really go for your soup. The pairing is new to me and definitely one I'd like to try. Thanks for sharing:)

Unknown said...
February 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM  

Hello Nancy, I am still recovering from a cold also, I was in bad for 5 days, terrible cold it was. All I was thinking about hot soup. I hope you feel better and talk to you soon!

Marina said...
February 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM  

Good idea, I have some cauliflower traveling from one corner to another in my refrigerator, and it's a sign for me to do something with it. Thanks for the recipe! Hope you are feeling better, my friend. I made some chicken broth, thinking of you. Come see it. :)

grubarazzi said...
February 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM  

What a beautiful soup. I love that you took the leap and made a soup featuring cauliflower and salmon. It's simply gorgeous and I bet it is even more delicious.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
February 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM  

My mom makes cauliflower and shrimp soup with vegetable broth. I completely forgot about that soup until I saw this post. Looks so good. A lot of people are not into cauliflower, but I LOVE it. It's interesting to add salmon in this soup. I'm curious to give it a try. I love the clean clear soup like this. The addition of eggs was PERFECT. I was sold completely at that last shot! ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...