Radish Salad with Greens From Our Garden



This is the first year when I can proudly say I am a gardener. Everything you see on this plate comes from my backyard veggie garden. Sweet peas and beautiful radish are fully ripened. Carrots are still very small but there are plenty of herbs. There is no real recipe for this salad. It is just whatever you desire to put on a plate, sprinkle it with lemon juice, add oil and a pinch of salt. My lunch today was very simple and healthy at the same time. Today I did not feel like cooking anything complicated, it was “take it easy” day. I wish you to have an adventurous weekend - spend more time outside, go to a park, bike, garden. The summer is here and weather is beautiful!

Radish

Ingredients:

  • bunch of red radish, sliced thinly
  • 2 small tomato, sliced thinly
  • 1/4 cup sweet peas
  • green lettuce of your desire
  • thyme, mint
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. grape seed oil
  • salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Arrange radish slices, other vegetables, and herbs on a plate. In a small bowl whisk together grape seed oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Dress the salad just before serving. Have a good lunch!


Radish Salad 1

6 comments:

La Table De Nana said...
June 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM  

Even more beautiful made with greens from your garden!
Radishes and herbs are a thing of beauty..Poppies too:)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
June 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM  

Fresh and delicious! A great salad. I wish I had a garden...

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...
June 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM  

Wow...fresh from the garden!!!... you have a lovely garden.. the radishes look very good
Shema | LifeScoops

Unknown said...
June 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM  

I love radishes especially when they are sliced super thin. I have a japanese mandolin that does such a nice job on radishes. This salad looks spectacular!

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
June 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM  

I miss radish, I mean the one from the own garden. I had the ones from the market and they just don't taste the same.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
June 24, 2013 at 3:07 AM  

What a gorgeous plate of veggies, Yelena! I'm sure flavors are wonderful, coming from your garden!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...