Tuna & Potato Fishcakes



These fishcakes are delicious, no matter how many you are going to make they will disappear in front of your eyes. Usually I have a few photographs for a recipe, but today I have only two photos for you, you know why? I have started eating the cakes from my photo shoot-)) They are great for a party, your friends are going to love it. You can make the tuna cakes few hours before the meal, but before serving put them in the oven preheated to 375F for about 10-15 minutes. The fishcakes will be hot and crispy, and ready to be eaten-)) Serve them with tartar sauce or Country Rémoulade sauce.

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. (about 4-5 medium) potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 cans (7oz. can) of tuna, drained
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 large shallot, chopped finely
  • 2 garlic clove, chopped finely
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
  • grated rind 1/2 lemon
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 3-4 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
  • vegetable oil, for shallow frying

Directions:

Cook the potatoes in plenty of boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain well, then mash, leaving a few lumps, and set aside.

Heat the oil in a small skillet and cook the shallot gently for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and thyme leaves and cook for one more minute. Let cool slightly, then add to the potatoes with the tuna, egg, lemon rind, and parsley. Season well.

Form the mixture into about 8-10 cakes. Dip the cakes in the flour. Heat enough oil in a skillet to cover the base. When hot, add the fishcakes, in batches, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels while you cook the remaining fishcakes. Serve hot with tartar sauce and fresh herbs.


8 comments:

Dominique Teng said...
January 21, 2015 at 7:29 PM  

Another interesting recipe, Yelena! You are a real inspiration.

Greetings! - Dominique

Anonymous said...
January 21, 2015 at 10:10 PM  

For some reason I never buy canned tuna, afraid I'm going to get something that is not the greatest quality... but I am always tempted when I see a recipe like your fish cakes...

I should try to find a review of best brands, see what's available at the grocery stores in town, and go for it!

nice post!

chow and chatter said...
January 21, 2015 at 10:43 PM  

this looks fab think the kids will enjoy too

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
January 22, 2015 at 2:12 AM  

I used to eat lots of tuna fishcakes while growing up and it is something I still enjoy eating now that I'm an adult... Lovely!

Cheers,

Rosa

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
January 22, 2015 at 2:53 AM  

I can imagine the taste.. I have no doubt they disappear quickly :D

La Table De Nana said...
January 22, 2015 at 8:47 AM  

We are fond of these too:)

Unknown said...
January 22, 2015 at 10:06 AM  

Beautiful recipe, I might try to make them right away!
Your blog is wonderful

Angie's Recipes said...
January 22, 2015 at 2:02 PM  

I love fish patties. Yours look very delicious!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...