Sautéed Eggplant with Garlic and Fried egg on the top and Strawberry Ice-water.

2_Eggplant_egg

Eggplant, garlic, mushrooms, peas and onions are the primary ingredients of this easy side dish. Combine them with olive oil and herbs for a wonderful saute and serve with any type of meat or just like that with fried egg on the top.

4_Eggplant_egg


Ingredients:

  • 1 large eggplant or 2 medium (about 1½ pounds), firm and shiny, ends trimmed, cut into ¾-inch chunks1 sm. onion, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup peas
  • 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
  • 2 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
  • 1  fried egg

7_Eggplant_egg

Direction:

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, and saute the eggplants  with onions and mushrooms for about 10 minutes, stir often, until vegetables are browned and soft.

5_Eggplant_egg

Add peas and simmer for 5- 10 more minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, salt and pepper to the pan and stir. Let it simmer with the eggplants for about a minute or two.

1_Eggplant_egg

To serve, top with parsley and fried egg.

3_Eggplant_egg

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
September 19, 2011 at 2:05 AM  

How this gooi egg loves what's underneath and I love them all.Greta recepie an amazing strawberry water;)

Alpana said...
September 19, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

Another beautiful creation........awesome.

grubarazzi said...
September 20, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

Your egg is the cutest little creation. How does one make an egg look cute? lol. You have a magic touch :)

Joanne said...
September 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

Ah! Great minds! I put my egg over a big, delicious portabella.
Looks so good. :)

Peggy said...
September 21, 2011 at 5:53 AM  

Your bowl is way too cute! And this dish is absolutely gorgeous - I can't resist anything with an egg on top =)

Jill Colonna said...
September 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

What a wonderful blog and gorgeous photos. I think that is the most amazing looking fried egg I've ever seen. Beautiful dish.

Anonymous said...
September 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM  

Stunning dish...and an egg on top makes it so decadent! As always - your pictures are incredible!

Vada said...
March 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

So happy that I found my way back to your blog. I bookmarked it a couple weeks ago because I wanted to try this recipe out then suddenly couldn't find it in my bookmarks tab!

This dish has changed my life...if I were asked what I'd like to have for my last supper on earth, this would be it. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Note: I had it with medium-boiled eggs instead of fried! Just as scrumptious!

Unknown said...
March 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM  

Dear Vada, thank you so much for your kind words, I am so glad that you like this recipe. I am happy and welcome back to my blog-))

Anonymous said...
April 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM  

I stumbled on this recipe tonight and glad I did! I used gram marsala instead of cumin it was yummy! Thanks for the inspiration

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...