Warm Apple Drink with Herbs & Spices

Apple Cider

Delicious sweet and spicy apple drink to warm you up this fall.

2_Apple_Cider
Ingredients:

  • 5 apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
  • 6-8 cups water
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Add: herbs & spices of your choosing

3_Apple_Cider

Directions:
In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, apples cinnamon, nutmeg, herbs and spices of your choosing and bring to a boil. Boil gently until the sugar is dissolved. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very tender about 20 minutes.

6_Apple_Cider

Remove from the heat. Let cool to room temperature before serving.

4_Apple_Cider

Serve as a warm drink with some breakfast items, such as toast, French toast, waffles, pancakes, or as an afternoon tea with pound cakes.
5_Apple_Cider

6 comments:

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
September 12, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Oh, I can imagine that it tastes so lovely! I already want it.

Beth @ Beth Michelle said...
September 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM  

This makes me yearn for crisp fall days, changing leaves and pumpkins. It reminds me of the fall days I would spend in Woodstock. Unfortunately we dont have fall here in Israel and the weather will continue to be an average of 90 degrees for the next few months. Oh well I will just have to live out fall vicariously through this beautiful warm apple drink!

Anonymous said...
September 12, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

Nothing says fall like hot spice apple cider. This makes me hope for cooler weather! Lovely photos!

Anonymous said...
September 12, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

This looks SO amazing...and I am SO allergic to the spices of fall (dang it!)

Christine's Pantry said...
September 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM  

Looks wonderful. I love all the ingredients. Wishing I had apple drink now. :-)

Unknown said...
May 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM  

What gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing, I was looking for an apple spice drink recipe. =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...