Mango and Strawberry Popsicles



The summer is here. Can you feel it, can you taste it? I am sure you can. I love summer food, so many colors, so many wonderful flavors. Summer days are so hot so we are doing different popsicles every day. I have never made popsicles before, and I really don't know why. I have seen many variations of these so I figured I try my own, after all, summer weather is here so these are just perfect for the hot days.You don't need a special recipe for it, just put in your blender any fruits or berries you have and freeze it.

Mango Srtawberry 2

We love mango popsicles and mango with strawberries. I have a few ideas for you what to make, but anything will do, honestly!

Garden Herbs

This year we started our first little herb garden: lemon mint, rosemary, carry leaves, lemon thyme, fennel and parsley. Also we have peaches and red currant.  I can not wait to make some jam and syrup using my herbs. Try to make strawberry syrup with basil and chocolate mint, the best with pancakes and waffles, it's amazing.

Strawberry Syrup

Love to know what is in your garden and what are you cooking with your herbs.

Flowers

Mango popsicles

Makes 6
Ingredients:

  • 3 mangos
  • 1 tsp honey
  • lime juice from half of lime
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into your ice pop moulds, stick a paddle pop stick in and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until set.

Mango Pops

Mango and Strawberry popsicles

Makes 6
Ingredients:
  • 1 mango
  • juice from one orange
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 2 cups strawberries
  • juice from one grapefruit
  • 1 tsp honey

Directions:

Place all ingredients for mango layer in a blender and puree until smooth. Do the same with strawberries. Spoon a layer of mango puree into the ice pop moulds, about a half full, and then add a layer of strawberry puree. Insert a paddle pop stick into each mould and freeze for a minimum of 5 hours.


Mango Srtawberry 1

4 comments:

Balvinder said...
May 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

Sure I can taste this with my imagination. Mango is an awesome an awesome summer fruit.

Rosie said...
May 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM  

These look so colorful and refreshing, can't wait to try this with all summer fruits!

Peggy G. said...
June 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM  

There's just something about mango in a frozen dessert that I can't resist! These popsicles look great!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
June 5, 2012 at 1:30 AM  

Your Popsicle pictures are so perfect that I am easily sold here. I love the layers in Popsicle - so pretty! I need to buy these Popsicle maker first!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...