Oysters on Ice with Shallots, Red Wine Vinegar, and Lemon



Raw oysters are one of those shellfish that you either love or hate. They do, however, have a reputation as an aphrodisiac, which has helped increase their popularity. If you have never eaten a raw oyster before, make sure that you squeeze lemon juice on it and watch to make sure it contracts before you eat it.

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
  • 3 Tbsp. good red wine
  • 5-6 shallots, finely chopped
  • crushed ice to serve
  • 12 native oysters
  • 2 lemons, halved

Directions:

Make the shallot dressing by combining salt, pepper, vinegar, wine, and shallots in a bowl. Leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Place come ice on silver serving plate and sprinkle with salt to prevent it melting too quickly. Make sure the oysters are freed from the shell, then place each on a half shell on top of ice. Serve with lemon and the shallot dressing.


8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
December 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM  

A great flavor combination, I'm sure. A pity I am afraid of eating oysters...

Cheers,

Rosa

grubarazzi said...
December 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM  

Absolute perfect. my hubby would love these! Happy holidays!

Dominique Teng said...
December 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM  

I usually have oysters all by themselves with a little lemon juice if at all, but your recipe is quite tempting. I will definitely try it out.

La Table De Nana said...
December 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM  

Look at me.. I cannot even go near a raw oyster..yet your photos are pleasing me..
I am quite frightened too..:)
I combed so many places looking for your tartate vessels with the blue ice....to no avail..
I have given up..showed my girls what you did..and said..I tried:)

Case closed:)

Dear Yelena..Happy Holidays to you:) and yours..

Zara H. said...
December 20, 2013 at 3:53 AM  

Looks so tempting! I haven't tried yet to prepare oysters myself, but I love see food, so it's a must to try! Beautiful styling, as always!
Happy holidays, Yelena! :)

Unknown said...
December 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM  

That looks amazing! Love oysters :)

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Te de Ternura said...
December 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM  

Hummmm MANJAR DE DIOSES YELENA!!! :)))

i.v.w. said...
December 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM  

I'm a fan! I love the whole shucking process. Your styling makes them look beautiful, too. Happy holidays, Yelena!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...