Vitamin Garbanzo Beans Salad - Healthy Lunch



Healthy and luscious this salad is great for light lunch. Garbanzo Beans is paired with garlic and other ingredients to make this tasty dish. This is a healthful, easy salad uses few ingredients, and will complement any meat or poultry dish if you serve it for dinner.

Hemp Seeds Green Apples Vitamin Salad 3

Note: If you are using garbanzo beans from a can drain them in a colander first and then rinse them with room-temperature water (rinsing helps reduce the sodium).
Serves: 2-3

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2  cup cooked garbanzo beans 
  • 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
  • 1 green apple, peeled and shredded
  • 1 Orange, peeled and diced
  • 1 garlic clove, minsed
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
  • fresh dill or other herb like parsley/cilantro
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. sunflower seed oil
  • 1/2 lettuce (I used Boston lettuce)

Directions:

To cook the garbanzo beans, soak the dried chickpeas overnight in cold water. Drain the garbanzo beans and put in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover generously. Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. Drain.

In a large bowl mix together all the vegetables, fruits, grains and seeds.

In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, sunflower seed oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad, lightly toss the salad. Sprinkle fresh herbs on a top and serve.


Vitamin Salad 2

10 comments:

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
February 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM  

Ok :) tell me how do you know what I am making and make the same thing :D

I love your salad, using orange sounds so delicious.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
February 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM  

Wonderful! This salad looks ever so droolworthy.

Cheers,

Rosa

La Table De Nana said...
February 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM  

Rosa said it..droolworthy..It looks so delicious!

Dominique Teng said...
February 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM  

Nice, nice, nice! very interesting combination of ingredients. I would not come up with an idea of mixing garbanzo beans with orange and red onions. Thank you for the inspiration, Yelena.

FLAVZCORNER said...
February 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM  

This is the kind of salad I would like for lunch. Its very easy and healthy. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...
February 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM  

This looks wonderful Yelana. So wonderful, I am going to eat this for my tea tonight :). Cheers for the hot weather save :)

Te de Ternura said...
February 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM  

Me gusta tu ENSALADA YELENA; mañana mismo la preparo
Buen jueves amiga :)))

Angie's Recipes said...
February 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM  

This is exactly what I would love for the lunch! Yum!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
February 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM  

I was just telling my husband that I went to the gym this morning and I came home and ate the leftover (which could feed two people)... Ahhh! Now looking at your salad, I know I should have eaten THIS salad lunch instead. Looks so healthy and now I feel like I need to go back to the gym. Love this nutritious salad!

mollymell said...
February 25, 2014 at 6:29 AM  

Good morning Yelena.

I love garbanzo and I'm always find a new way to cook it. This is the kind of food I need at the moment, healthy, light, easy to make.

Thanks

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...