Spring Strawberry Tapioca Soup



This winter has been so long with a lot of snow and cold nasty winds. Sometimes snow turned into rain which froze and turned back into snow. I don't mind winter and I love snow days when fluffs are falling and covers trees and roofs of our houses. Snow days mean no school for kids and many cups of hot coco by the fireplace. But this winter was too cold and too unpleasant and I am tired of it. I need spring badly and I miss long walks in a park with my lovely daughter. Where are those yellow flowers you can see in March? Where are green leaves?

Today was the first day of nice warm weather. I was walking around without my winter jacket and the birds were singing welcoming a first sunshine. I had a lovely strawberry soup on my patio and I thought soon, very soon the earth will be waking up from a long sleep.

Strawberry Strawberry Tapioca Soup 1

Strawberry tapioca soup is a deliciously refreshing fruit soup, just right for a warm spring day.

Note: I used large pearl tapioca from Bascom's. Before cooking, soak tapioca in two cups of water overnight in refrigerator in a saucepan. Drain water, then add to the strawberries.

Serves: 6

Ingredients

  • 2 quarts ripe strawberries
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup tapioca
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sweet white wine
  • cream and fresh mint for serving - optional

Directions:

Clean and crush strawberries in a food processor. In a saucepan over medium heat bring to the boil the strawberries, water, sugar and lemon juice. Add tapioca and cook gently for 10-15 minutes. Add vanilla. Remove from heat and add the sweet white wine. Chill throughly and serve cold as a first course with fresh mint and cream.


Strawberry Tapioca Soup 3

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
March 19, 2014 at 3:14 AM  

A great idea! I'd love to try that soon.

Cheers,

Rosa

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
March 19, 2014 at 4:55 AM  

I hope you will start enjoying the warmer weather :) too bad here strawberry season is gone..

La Table De Nana said...
March 19, 2014 at 8:29 AM  

Beautiful Yelena..I can see you placing the berries and gypsophylia so delicately:)

Anonymous said...
March 20, 2014 at 2:56 AM  

This is vibrant and scrumptious looking. I would probably eat it for dessert :)

Te de Ternura said...
March 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM  

Realmente YELENA, tus CREACIONES merecían un puesto relevante; y me alegra muchísimo saber que han salido a la luz en estas revistas tan prestigiosas.
MI QUERIDA AMIGA, RECIBE MI FELICITACIÓN Y MI CARIÑO.
SUERTE en todo tu futuro!!!
Conxita

Te de Ternura said...
March 20, 2014 at 11:42 PM  

Disculpa YELENA, me he traspapelado, jaja
Conxita

mollymell said...
March 21, 2014 at 11:24 PM  

That's very different and always your beautiful
photos make me want to try your recipes.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...