Food Blog Forum - Part 3: Beyond Farms & Baked Purple Potato Chips



These irresistible baked potato chips are made from the purple potatoes grown in my dear neighbor's garden, 100% homegrown and organic. I have baked them for the after school snack for my kids and as soon as I put chips out on the plate, they were gone. My daughter asked if I can bake more for her lunchbox and that is what I am going to do! You may use different spices, but I found smoked paprika and parsley being a perfect combination.



The farms tour was probably my favorite part of the whole trip. I was so happy to see how young people care about healthy food environment in their state of North Carolina. Everything we have tasted was so fresh and delicious! Amazing people and this lovely town will always be in my heart. Thank you Asheville for letting us to be a part of your life!



Looking Glass Creamery, family owned and operated, is an award-winning producer of handmade cheese and traditional goat's milk caramel.



I wish I can have for my breakfast smoked trout with cream cheese and bagel from Sunburst Trout Farm.



I need to find Buchi Kombucha around here - love the drink!



Baked Purple Potato Chips with Smoked Paprika & Parsley



Serves: 1-2 (you can always make more)

Ingredients:

  • 3-4 medium purple potatoes, washed thoroughly, skin-on, sliced very thin
  • spray oil
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375F.

Spray the baking pan or cookie sheet with the oil spray and line up the potato slices. Spray again on top of the potatoes for crispier chips. Sprinkle the salt, paprika, dried parsley and freshly ground pepper on a top of each slice.

Bake for about 10-15 minutes, watching closely. When they are done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.


5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
September 4, 2014 at 8:48 AM  

Lovely farms! Those potato chips are very tempting and must taste really good. An addictive treat...

Cheers,

Rosa

FLAVZCORNER said...
September 5, 2014 at 7:07 AM  

Beautiful farm and pictures!!! I don't think I ever saw purple potatoes in our market. They look pretty. The potato chips will be a good after school snack for kids. Besides its baked and healthier than the store bought version.

La Table De Nana said...
September 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM  

Loving your new style with so many photos..they are all great.

Te de Ternura said...
September 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM  

Estas PATATAS son para empezar y no parar, tus hij@s saben lo que hacen.
Un viajecito muy interesante y bonito.
AMIGA SE FELIZ, TE LO MERECES :)))

Angie's Recipes said...
September 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM  

Those blue potato chips look so crisp and beautiful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...