Melangery Stamped Honey-Vanilla Cookies



One of the things my kids could always count on when they come from school, is finding homemade sugar cookies in the big blue cookie jar in my old kitchen hutch.

These cookies are very special, they have my blog signature. What would you write on your cookie?



Note: For these cookies you will need the Customizable Cookie Stamp to create your own messages.

Makes: about 15 cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 cup vanilla sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 Tbsp. honey

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add about half of the flour mixture, and and beat until blended. Add the vanilla sugar, egg yolk, honey and beat until smooth. Beat in the remaining flour. Chill the dough for about 15 minutes.

Shape the dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart on baking sheets. You will have 6-8 cookies per sheet. Using a floured cookie stamp or flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness. Trim uneven edges with a round cookie cutter.

Bake the cookies until the edges are light brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks and let the cookies cool briefly on the sheets, then transfer the cookies to the racks and let cool completely.


inspired by recipe from my dear friend 

12 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
November 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM  

Cute cookies. They must taste wonderful.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...
November 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM  

Everything that you make looks so beautiful! I love the look of these cookies. Who wouldn't want to eat them? They are simple enough to enjoy over a morning cup of tea but elegant enough to offer to visitors. A really lovely share Yelena :)

Anonymous said...
November 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM  

Your Melangery stamped cookies look delightful. I'd be inclined to imprint mine with: Yes, please!

FLAVZCORNER said...
November 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM  

Absolutely loved the stamping on cookies idea!!! Got to get one ...thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...
November 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM  

These cookies are so incredibly charming and sweet.

La Table De Nana said...
November 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM  

Dear Yelena..you will never believe what I just received.. 2 of these..one for a friend..and one for me..
I loved the idea that it was different from all my other ones..
Perfect cookies..
I do LOVE your Christmas ones too though..

Unknown said...
November 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM  

Wow, that's so cool, Monique-))) and thank you for the recipe!

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
November 11, 2014 at 6:16 AM  

Honey and vanilla..these cookies sound very good!

Unknown said...
November 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM  

They are so cute*_* Honey and vanilla is a great combination!

Nippon Nin said...
November 18, 2014 at 4:52 PM  

So very cute! I have to get the stamp! Love the photos!

EllieScribble said...
December 17, 2015 at 10:10 AM  

First of all, your blog is beautiful. And your photos are amazing. I made these cookies when you first published this recipe. My family and friends loved them. I keep your posts in my email for reference and I just had to find this recipe for a cookie exchange this weekend. As I had printed it the first time and we moved and I can't find my recipe binder. There's a reason why I keep your posts in my mailbox, and now I saved it to Pinterest. Thank you for your beautiful, classic style and your amazing recipes. You have a follower forever.

Unknown said...
December 17, 2015 at 10:25 AM  

Thank you Ellie for your warm comment, I am happy to have you here in my little culinary and photography world-)) The cookies are delicious, I definitely need to make them again, and they so much fun to make-)) You have a wonderful holidays and I am wishing you the best!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...