Homemade Healthy Winter Jello



Recently I had a stomach virus and I was in bed for a few days, yuck :( As soon as I started feeling a bit better I started craving a jello. I was dying to taste a fruity, berry or orange cool dessert and asked my husband to get me some as soon as possible. He rushed to the store and brought me four-pack of fruit jello. To tell you the truth, I do not buy things like desserts and puddings. You know me, I cook everything myself from scratch and use ingredients as natural and as organic as possible. But in the situation when you are sick and you want something, it does not matter what you get, because it has be now.

I opened my jello pack and tried one teaspoon. OMG, what are they feeding us? It was so artificial, so chemical and over sweetened, I was horrified! When I start feeling better first thing I made was homemade delicious jello with fresh juice and organic berries. What a difference! My kids where extremely happy, I have even whipped a bit of fresh cream for the top. It is simple and healthy, full of vitamins, please make it for your little ones.



Serves: 4

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup cool water
  • 3 Tbsp. of unflavored beef gelatin
  • 1 cup of organic or freshly squeezed juice (I used pomegranate juice)
  • 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries (organic if possible)
  • 3 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup honey (or to taste)
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup of fresh fruit (optional) - pomegranate, apples, oranges
  • 1 cup heavy cream, whipped for serving (optional)

Directions:

In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin evenly over 1/2 cup cold water and allow the gelatin to absorb the water for few minutes.

In a medium sauce pan over low heat mix together water, berries and honey. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add lemon juice, fruit juice and gelatin. Stir in boiling mixture until gelatin is fully dissolved. Take of from the heat and let it cool. Pour the yummy mixture into prepared glasses. Top with extra pieces of fresh fruits. Refrigerate for few hours until firm. Serve with fresh wiped cream. Delicious!!!


10 comments:

FLAVZCORNER said...
February 2, 2015 at 8:59 PM  

That jello looks so vibrant bursting with flavors!!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
February 3, 2015 at 3:34 AM  

Exquisite and wonderfully fruity!

Cheers,

Rosa

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
February 3, 2015 at 3:41 AM  

I hope you are much better now.
This jam is really nice.. I like such delicious home made things :)

La Table De Nana said...
February 3, 2015 at 8:24 AM  

I grew up on JELLO..

My little family across the street seem to have caught what you had..

I hope you are feeling much much better Yelena..

Anonymous said...
February 3, 2015 at 11:37 AM  

I hope you are feeling better now Yelena. Nothing makes you feel quite so bad as a stomach upset.

Cathleen said...
February 3, 2015 at 11:44 PM  

This looks so good! I have never made homemade jello, but it is definitely on my to-do list :)

chow and chatter said...
February 4, 2015 at 10:55 PM  

pleased your feeling better looks great

Angie's Recipes said...
February 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM  

You make simple jello look so inviting!

easyfoodsmith said...
February 8, 2015 at 6:53 AM  

So glad to have stumbled across your beautiful blog. The gello looks gorgeous!!

Nippon Nin said...
February 10, 2015 at 5:36 PM  

I hope you're feeling better by now.
This is very pretty jello. I did not know such a thing is beef gelatine. The good thing is that Amazon carry it. Great photos!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...