Spiced Apple Cider - Have a Sweet Weekend!

Apple Cider 2

"It was the sight of apple blossom 
on the tree outside the kitchen window
that set me to begin a book.
I didn't know then what I saw
or what it was I did
but hope was there, full as buds.

and now I eat the apples
and the book feeds me.

Yesterday
I dragged the ladder out
and climbed the tree,
its branches circled my waist
as if we where about to dance.
I plopped the apples down,
they made the beat of music"...

Kate Llewellyn



Ingredients:

  • 6 cups apple cider
  • orange juice from one orange
  • brown sugar to taste
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 2 whole cloves
  • cardamom to taste
  • 2 small pieces of peeled fresh ginger (optional)
Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer mixture 15 minutes to blend flavors. Strain cider into mugs, and serve hot with a pie crust tops.


Apple Cider 3

8 comments:

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
September 1, 2012 at 5:07 AM  

You spiced apple cider so nicely!

Unknown said...
September 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM  

Oh, I could write sweet poetry to apple cider as well. I love fall and I love apple cider. Now that I have recently discovered cardamom, I'll bet that would be so fragrant and delicious in cider.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
September 2, 2012 at 4:14 AM  

I want to try this recipe. Sounds wonderful for upcoming cold days! I need to buy apple cider and I'm all set! Thanks Yelena for sharing this lovely recipe!

Karen Schmautz said...
September 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

This sounds so delicious. I never would have thought of mixing orange juice with apple juice.

Marina said...
September 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM  

With an apple cider like this I would sure have a sweet weekend...:)

sandra said...
September 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM  

A perfect beverage for the season, and such a lovely presentation, Yelena ;)

Nancy said...
September 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM  

Beautiful poem! I can't wait to make my first apple cider this season. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I can almost smell it.

Iluv2bake5 said...
October 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM  

How do you make these delicious Pie Topper Crust?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...