Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Figs, Honey and Pistachios - Appetizer or Dessert



There is something inherently gratifying about a cheese course, one that combines soft brie cheese with sweet fruit and crunchy, toasted nuts. This elegant dish hides a mouthwatering mixture of flavors, and makes a delicious appetizer or lunch, or wholly satisfying and truly unique dessert.

Honey Figs

Note: Fresh figs, either purple or white, should be perfectly ripe, but not mushy.

Brie 1 Brie 2 Brie 3

Ingredients:

  • 1 cheese brie (I used ILE DE France 13.2 oz.)
  • 1 pack of puff pastry, thawed if frozen
  • 5-6 fresh figs, quartered
  • 2-3 Tbsp. honey
  • toasted pistachios for garnish
  • fresh sage for garnish
  • 1 egg for glaze

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F.

On a floured surface, roll out the pastry. Put the cheese into the centre and bring the edges over to enclose the brie. Place on a baking sheet and gently glaze with beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Spoon the figs and honey over the baked brie, sprinkle the pistachios and serve warm.


Brie 5

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...
August 2, 2013 at 2:44 AM  

Exquisite! That is such a great idea.

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...
August 2, 2013 at 4:50 AM  

Wonderfull!!! Kisses, Ro

Marina said...
August 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM  

I love it! Beautiful presentation!

Julia said...
August 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM  

Baked brie must be one of the most gorgeous and delicious appetizers out there! And look at that melted cheese!

Anonymous said...
August 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM  

This looks so scrumptious! I love fig and cheese combination and these pictures are just making me hungry!
Shema | LifeScoops

Elizabeth - SugarHero.com said...
August 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM  

This is gorgeous! Three of my very favorite things, combined in one beautiful dish. I'd eat this as an app and for dinner AND for dessert!

jose luis gomez said...
August 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM  

Yelena strokin: Brie al horno en hojaldre con higos, miel y pistachos - aperitivo o postre... me parece una merienda o un almuerzo cojonudo, es apetitoso, los higos me has puesto los dientes largos,y la pinta que tiene ese pan que parece eso,pero con la apariencia de un kroasan, al menos yo le veo esa testura igual,debe esta muy rico felicidades por la receta...

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
August 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM  

I love brie ever since I tasted it and one of my good friend made this one Christmas years ago and I got addicted. This is so dangerous as I can eat the entire thing if I'm allowed. ;) Your presentation is beautiful and I need to remember to make this from your site next time I do this!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...