Summer Jams



When summer is approaching, I start contemplating visits to local farms to collect some berries and fruits for my jams and preserves. Over the past few years I have cooked many scrumptious jams, but every summer I have developed more unique recipes. Without having some homemade preserves on the shelf any house is not complete.

When we cook breakfasts on a weekend my kids like to pick their favorite jams and syrups for waffles and pancakes. Sometimes we have our breakfast outside on the porch and freshly made berry jams are an important part of it, just like they are part of any summer sweet gatherings.

Jams are not difficult to make and if you have never done it before, it is worth a try. Select a simple recipe and go for it! Make a small batch, just enough to serve with tea and biscuits - you will find it rewarding and very pleasing.


Melon Jam with Candied Ginger and Lemon Peel


Vanilla Rum Plum Jam


Fresh Strawberries in Vanilla Syrup


Candied Lemon Zest


Homemade Sour Cherry Jam


Apricot Jam with Lavender

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
May 19, 2014 at 2:33 PM  

Your jams all look magnificent Yelena and such exotic flavours. I made lemon rind in syrup but must have boiled it a bit too long as I ended up with a very large jar of hard lemon candy ;) Back to the drawing board for me!

La Table De Nana said...
May 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM  

They all look beautiful and delicious!

Te de Ternura said...
May 20, 2014 at 3:07 AM  

BUEN DÍA YELENA... Ahora mismo cogería una cuchara y haría una cata de todas tus MERMELADAS que me parecen exquisitas.
Preciosa presentación como siempre.
Un beso guapa :))))

Medeja- CranberryJam said...
May 20, 2014 at 5:23 AM  

I don't make jams myself.. but they always remind me of home, my mother and grandmother every summer are making many different jams :)

Angie's Recipes said...
May 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM  

Those jams look all very beautiful and delicious!

Zara H. said...
May 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM  

Your jams sound and look so delicious, Yelena! I'd start with an Apricot/Lavender one, and then couldn't stop but tasting all one by one! :) I love pancakes with jams, but I never did sweet preserves myself, except may be a mango chutney. So, i think, it's time to start! Thank you for sharing!
xo, - Zara
http://gypsy-village.blogspot.com

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...
May 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM  

I dint make any jam this year. your post makes me crave that homemade taste. though we dont get plenty of such summer fruits but mango jam is an absolute favourite. gorgeous clicks as always.

Dominique Teng said...
May 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM  

Great inspiration, Yelena. The melon and candied ginger jam is my absolute favorite!

Greetings! - Dominique

easyfoodsmith said...
May 22, 2014 at 5:34 AM  

Hello Yelena! I walked over at your space from Shibi's. The jams and preserves sound amazing and what wonderful pics! I started making jams and preserves just a few years back and I find them so much better than store brought ones.

Nancy said...
May 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM  

You've put me in a jamming mood! All of yours look so delicious and I can think of many foods to use them in. Great roundup Yelena!

Wendy said...
May 30, 2014 at 1:00 PM  

These jams would make any meal special! What a lovely summer tradition to eat weekend breakfast outside; a wonderful way to start a peace-filled day! Clicking through to see the recipes, I was amazed at how easy these are to make. I have never made my own jam but now I will give it a try!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...