Creme Brulee

Creme_Brulee_1

Prep Time:
Cook Time:
Ready In:
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 4 tablespoons white sugar


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and line the bottom of a large baking pan with a damp kitchen cloth.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. While water is boiling, combine cream, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally 4 to 5 minutes, until steam rises. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. Pour hot cream into yolks, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until all cream is incorporated. Pour mixture into four 6 oz. ramekins.
3. Place ramekins on towel in baking dish, and place dish on oven rack. Pour boiling water into dish to halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover whole pan loosely with foil.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until custard is just set. Chill ramekins in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours.
5. Before serving, sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over each custard. Use a kitchen torch or oven broiler to brown top, 2 to 3 minutes.


Creme_Brulee_3

14 comments:

Anonymous said...
January 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM  

I love creme brulee. Such a simple but impressive dessert, and always a crowd-pleaser. Your photos are beautiful!

Anonymous said...
January 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM  

What a perfect creme brulee - it looks like your texture came out absolutely perfect!

Amalia said...
January 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM  

How beautiful and I'm sure delicious! I've been meaning to give creme brulee a try and I definitely will after seeing these amazing photos! Happy New Year :)

Unknown said...
January 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM  

Thank you, girls. Creme brulee is very easy to make and it is very delicious. I make it for years, never got wrong, try this simple resipe-))

Debbie said...
January 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM  

My favorite! Looks perfect. Your blog has inspired me to try so many new things!

Unknown said...
January 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM  

Debbie, I am so glad-)) Come and visit me any time, love to have you here!

S.V. said...
January 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM  

This looks perfect. I love creme brûlée I will have to try your recipe.

Anonymous said...
January 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM  

I adore creme brulee and your recipe and photos are nothing short of stunning - as usual!

Anonymous said...
January 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM  

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee creme brulee! Yours look just like I like it: smooth and silky. Very beautiful photos! Well done.

Lauren Williams said...
January 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM  

Creme Brulee is my all time favorite dessert!! I've never made it before, but can't wait to try...yours looks amazing!

Shauna said...
January 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM  

Love the looks of this recipe. I'm attempting it right now, but am having issues with it setting. I looked at other crème brûlée recipes, and they all seem to whisk the sugar into the eggs. Is that a recipe error, or did I mess up some other way?

Unknown said...
January 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM  

Dear Shauna. I use this crème brûlée recipe for many years, never had a problem. It is very easy and delicious dessert.
The recipe does not have error, you put sugar together with cream. If you have a problem with setting bake a little longer, 10-15 minutes longer. I hope it will turn ok-))) Let me know.

Joanna said...
January 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM  

Just out of curiosity, why the towel? To distribute heat differently?

Unknown said...
February 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM  

Hello Joanna, yes, the towel helps to distribute heat evenly and also prevents the ramekins from sloshing about in the water bath when you remove the pan from the oven. Thank you for stopping by and nice meeting you-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...