Cranberry Curd Bars & Walnut Shortbread Crust



One more idea what to do with cranberries for Thanksgiving day or any other day.

Cranberry Curd Bars 4 Cranberry Curd Bars 5

Cranberry Curd Bars with Walnut Shortbread Crust

Note: You may use also pecans, hazelnuts or almonds for this recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • confectioner sugar for serving
  • 2 cups cranberry curd, the recipe for cranberry curd is here

Directions:

Prepare the crust:

Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.

Place the nuts in the bowl of a food processor and coarsely grind, about 15 one-second pulses. Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and pulse until finely ground. Sprinkle the chunks of butter over the top of the flour-nut mixture and pulse until the mixture starts to bind together.

Press the crust mix into the baking dish, making it as even as possible. Freeze for 30 minutes.

Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Remove the crust from the freezer and bake for 20-25 minutes, until beginning to color around the edges.


Prepare the cranberry curd.

Pour the warm cranberry curd onto the walnut crust. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, until the curd has set but still jiggles slightly in the center. Cool completely and refrigerate before cutting.

To cut the triangles and diamonds, lift them from the pan using the parchment paper as handles. Trim off the sides to make even edges if desired. Dust the tops of the bars with powdered sugar just before serving and use a sharp knife to cut them into the shapes you desire. The powdered sugar will melt into the cranberry curd, making sweet glaze.

Keep the bars refrigerated until you’re ready to eat them.


Adapted from The Kitchn

Cranberry Curd Bars 3

Extra photos with a different style:

Cranberry Curd Bars 7 Cranberry Curd Bars 2

12 comments:

Les said...
November 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM  

As always, lovely Yelena! I can't wait to try this!\

samtundsahne said...
November 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM  

dear Yelena,

Oh I Love your Pictures!!!

Greetigs from Germany

Nancy

Sandra said...
November 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM  

The other day Nami was telling me about your blog and I am glad to visit your corner again, it's been a while. Your dessert looks delicious and great pics too! I have the same pot, looks fantastic on your pic..Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...
November 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM  

Dear Nancy, thank you so much and nice meeting you-) You are welcome any time here!

Unknown said...
November 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM  

Dear Sandra SECooking, I am happy to see you again here. Nami is a sweet girl and I like her very much. Please, say hello to her from me-)))

Anonymous said...
November 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM  

I had tried something similar with peaches but this sounds so seasonal and perfect for parties!

Marina said...
November 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM  

That is kind of dessert that I really like: tartness of cranberries and walnuts, mmmm! :) I baked something too, come check it out, recipe is coming soon too... :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...
November 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM  

I'm so happy to see Sandra stopped by. :) She's my oldest and closest blogger friends and she said she knew you which made me happy!

We're very spoiled here seeing two sets of styling! I think I love the first darker version since the red cranberry curd pops up more (I would guess the opposite, so it was interesting). I don't own those Japanese cast iron tea pot and wish to have a nice one for a longest time. It looks so pretty! The dessert is something I've never tasted before. Sounds amazing. I should be camping out next to your home from now on for leftover! ;)

kabamaiga said...
November 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM  

I've just made them. Absolutely delicious.

Unknown said...
November 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM  

kabamaiga, very happy that you like them!!

Unknown said...
September 12, 2016 at 10:08 AM  

These look incredible!!! One question... In the directions cinnamon is mentioned but I don't see it in the ingredient list-how much do I add? Thank you for sharing your delicious looking recipes and happy baking!!! 😊

Unknown said...
September 12, 2016 at 10:17 AM  

Thank you! I added 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon to the ingredients. I hope you bake them and let me know!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...